Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Trader Joe's Chipotle Vegetable Quesadillas


This is a new product from Trader Joe's; see their introduction to it here.

I found this quite tasty. I liked the combination of cheese, corn, and beans. The tortilla portion was a little strange--surprisingly thick, more like a pita bread than a tortilla. I guess I didn't mind that, but it was unexpected.

You're given three choices for preparation. I chose pan-frying. Apparently I had the burner up too high, because I ended up lightly scorching them. I guess my stove's idea of "medium heat" doesn't match that of the Trader Joe's test-kitchen people.

Nina was definitely less pleased than I was. She was a definite "meh" on these.


Will I buy it again? 

Yes, though I think it will be just an occasional break from my routine, rather than a new favorite.

1 comment:

  1. I’m surprised the cheese survived freezing and reheating ok- maybe they used a thicker flatbread so the tortilla part stays soft? I love the half corn half flour tortillas with refried beans, onions,veggies and (daiya) cheese for quick quesadillas. The jar if bell pepper strips comes in handy
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete