Friday, September 14, 2018

Trader Joe's Gluten Free Mac & Cheese


This new product (see company's introduction to it here) has a cheese blend identical to the ever-popular "Joe's Diner" version. To my surprise, I liked it nearly as much. There is a bit of rice-flour taste imparted by the rice-based pasta, but it wasn't unpleasant. Of course, pasta without gluten will never have the nice texture of the real thing, but this came pretty darn close--just slightly tough.


Will I buy it again? 

No. But if I had good reason to avoid gluten, I would consider this heaven-sent. I haven't tried all the gluten-free mac-and-cheese products the nation's manufacturers have concocted since GF became such a big market, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if this turned out to be the very best of the bunch.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds impressive! My friend’s poor kid has a gluten intolerance (not allergy), i’ll pass along your recommendation here since she usually buys the expensive boxes of annie’s gf version
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete