Monday, April 1, 2019

Trader Joe's Chocolate Brownie & Vanilla Creme Sandwich Cookies


It's been a long, long time since I did a theme week. Let's briefly revive the tradition (which, really, nobody but me seemed to even notice) with COOKIE WEEK!

I liked these for one simple and completely idiosyncratic reason: They reminded me strongly of the chocolate cookies my mother used to make, if you ignore the "sandwich" part. Unless you, dear reader, are one of my two siblings--and that seems highly unlikely--this will mean nothing to you. But they're soft, rich chocolate cookies with chocolate chips gratuitously thrown in.

The "vanilla creme" boasted about in the product name is certainly present, but you'd have a hard time knowing it if you ate the cookies with your eyes closed.


Will I buy it again? 

No. The value for the money isn't there, and while it was nice to press the nostalgia button once, I don't think that alone will compel another purchase.

3 comments:

  1. I saw the name brand version of these at Earth Fare. There are only three in a package and the cost is almost $7!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so excited about these- especially since they have a a creamy filling and are vegan (!) but i think i just don’t like purchased soft cookies, the flavor was great but the texture bothered me. And the stupid 1/2 cookie serving size. I’d rather have a chunk of actual chocolate when I’m craving chocolate
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, right--I forgot to mention the stupid serving size! Attention, Trader Joe's: HALF OF A COOKIE IS NEVER A SERVING SIZE!

      Delete