Friday, April 5, 2019

Trader Joe's Organic Vanilla Wafer Cookies


Day 5 of Cookie Week.

I've eaten so many Nabisco Nilla Wafers in my life that they should have given me, like, 50% stock ownership in the company by now. This has given me a extremely entrenched idea of what a vanilla wafer should taste like. And Trader Joe's has missed the mark completely.

I can't put my finger on what's wrong here, but these struck me as not just "not quite what I was expecting" but positively distasteful. My reaction was so strong that I thought I might just be having an off day, so I put the bag aside for a couple of weeks. Last night I came back for a second try--and had exactly the same opinion. I seriously dislike them. I had two and couldn't stand the thought of a third.


Will I buy it again? 

No. This is one that's going back to the store for a refund.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I love the organic vanilla flavor and purchased a second bag of these. I don't buy them anymore because they are a red light food for me that I don't want to stop eating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These also have cultured butter whereas Nilla wafers certainly use oil of some kind instead, that may be the deal breaker for you.
    Odd they made these since there’s “the ultimate vanilla wafer” cookie already, which is in one of those plastic tubs- but those aren’t organic.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete