Monday, June 24, 2019

Trader Joe's Soft Baked Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies


Admittedly, these never had much of a chance of going on my favored list, because I have yet to encounter any product that successfully marries chocolate and peanut butter. If you ask me, these are two flavors that just don't quite work together, much as food manufacturers try to make them. (I do realize that mine is a minority position on this point.)

But I discovered that my lack of enthusiasm for these new cookies wasn't just me when Nina took a bite of one, scrunched up her face, and said, "Oh, those are not good."

It's not just that chocolate and peanut butter together are bad. It's that these cookies use bad chocolate and bad peanut butter.


Will I buy it again? 

No. I powered my way through two cookies, hoping against hope that they would somehow grow on me. Didn't happen. Nina ate half of one before giving up. The remainder went back to the store for a refund.

No comments:

Post a Comment