Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Trader Joe's Ghost Chile BBQ Sauce



This is way too hot for me. Unlike some people, apparently, I don't like the sensation of third-degree burns in my mouth and esophagus.

I was serving it side-by-side with TJ's Kansas City Style sauce, on some fake pulled pork over rice. (As one does.) They are very similar in basic flavor profile, except for the new one's added fire. Nina tried mixing them together, and liked the resulting combination for its blend of sweetness, smokiness, tanginess, and heat. I've tried it at 1:1 and about 1.5:1 (Kansas:Ghost), and it's still unpleasantly burny for me.


Will I buy it again? 

No.

1 comment:

  1. I Absolutely love this Trader Joe’s Ghost Chili barbecue sauce! I only wish it was available year-round.

    Definitely spicy hot, not too sweet, great flavor.
    I really like hot food but my Dad always said “Food shouldn’t hurt.” He wouldn’t like this. :)

    ReplyDelete