Friday, June 28, 2019

Trader Joe's Organic Carrots Of Many Colors--Cut & Peeled



Trader Joe's has a long-standing practice: they audition a product under the supplier's own brand name, then, if it sells well, it disappears briefly, then gets replaced with the same thing under TJ's own name. I strongly suspect that this item is the latest manifestation of that practice, having debuted under the "Cal-Organic Farms" label last year. See my review here. (For another example of this two-step, see here and here.)

These taste just fine, but they have the same problem as before: They're too skinny. Most of them are like the ones you can see in the lower left corner, with relatively few fat ones like in the upper corners. I like my baby carrots fat, for the sensory pleasure of biting into them.


Will I buy it again? 

No. I'll stick with the plain orange Organic Cut And Peeled.


No comments:

Post a Comment