Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Trader Joe's Molasses Cookies


Trader Joe's cookies have overall been a source of repeated disappointment for me, like Charlie Brown hoping that this time Lucy won't pull the football away. I have reviewed 90 different varieties of TJ's cookies before today. Of those, only seven have made it onto my "would buy again" list, and only four are on my "Top Ten" list. Interestingly, all of those seven/four are shelf-stable (or, in one case, refrigerated cookie dough); none are fresh-baked varieties.

So it is with surprise and pleasure that I report to you how good these new molasses cookies are. They're soft and full of molasses flavor, nicely balanced by a bit of cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. My only complaint is that there's too much sugar on top. They don't need any at all.

They're the first fresh-baked to which I'm saying "yes" to a repeat purchase.


Will I buy it again? 



via GIPHY

5 comments:

  1. Best nelt in your mouth goodness !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are literally the best cookies in the world right now

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply great for Summer 🌺 Iced Tea and or Aside Ice Cream ~ No it doesn't taste like holiday stuff ~ cause it's not the holidays uh duh ~ Cookies are big so one per person is plenty ~ but of course if you're the buyer watch out ~ they are too good ~ hot summer night with the Iced Tea or for little creatures / milk or god forbid ice & water ~ look, they are just nice ~ if somebody says Ewww I don't like these tell them the door is open ~ can't imagine ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. We purchased the molasses cookies, and they became our new favorite!

    ReplyDelete