Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Trader Joe's Limone Alfredo Sauce


This is the third Trader Joe's Alfredo sauce that I know of. I liked both of the first two I found (see here and here)--but this new product is the one I want to buy again and again and again. It's far and away my favorite of the three.

I admit that I was skeptical of adding lemon to a creamy/cheesy sauce. I was amazed at how well the combination works. Who knew? (Trader Joe did, that's who.) It's not just a faint whiff of lemon, either--they doused it up strongly, and I like it.

Nina found the lemon to be much less prominent than I did. As she speculated, this may be because she used a much lighter coating of the sauce, whereas I went pretty heavy-handed. Overall, she found it nice, but nothing special.

The label claims 3.5 servings per jar. I've had two, Nina one, and it looks like there's enough for one more serving left--so I think the label is about right.

Predictably, it is high in both fat and calories. That will stifle my usage somewhat. If not for that, I think it would become a staple. Even with that factor, I can see a lot of this stuff in my future.


Will I buy it again? 

Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment