Monday, March 16, 2020

Trader Joe's Organic Coconut Smoothie


I tend to think of "smoothies" as containing blends of a bunch of different things. But here the ingredients are stripped down to the essence: Coconut water and coconut. Basically, they've pureed coconut meat with coconut water. It's like drinking a shelled coconut, without the work, and without bits of it getting stuck in your teeth.

As you can see, it was pinkish. It looked even more so in a glass. I don't know why, but it's apparently a sufficiently common phenomenon that the label alerts you to the possibility: "Some coconut smoothies may take on a rosy hue." Mine was more than "rosy"; it was about halfway to Pepto-Bismol. But it was just an oddity, didn't bother me.

I liked it. But given that I like coconut in just about any form, this was to be expected.


Will I buy it again? 

Yes, at least once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment