Monday, June 25, 2018

Trader Joe's Brown Sugar & Cinnamon Butter Spread


This is a small tub (you can't tell scale from this photo, but notice the number of ounces of product) of butter mixed with brown sugar and cinnamon. If you spread it on hot toast, you'll get essentially the same result as if you used regular butter and then sprinkled a cinnamon/sugar mixture on top--for very slightly less effort.

It's fine, but it's just not a product I need. It's terrible to try to spread when cold, so despite the "keep refrigerated" instruction, I've been leaving it out on the kitchen counter, alongside the regular butter. But I don't have cinnamon toast often enough to use it before it goes bad, so it's likely a lot of it will be wasted.


Will I buy it again? 

No. I'll just continue to use regular butter and McCormick cinnamon-sugar mixture. (Not the Trader Joe's one, for reasons explained here.)

There's also a companion product, "Roasted Garlic & Herb." I did not buy it, and won't, because I don't care for garlic.

2 comments:

  1. I just saw that and was surprised at how tiny the container is! Didn’t seem like a good value either considering a whole pound of decent butter is just a buck or two more.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was "exploring trader joes" last night, to the tune of $96. I bought the tub of the garlic herb butter for my son, but I'm sure I'll try it too.

    ReplyDelete