Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Trader Joe's Chocolate Covered Wafer Cookie


A frequent category of Trader Joe's products is those that are clearly copycat versions of some well-known national brand. Or perhaps I should say copyKat version here, because this is nakedly an attempt to reproduce the Kit Kat bar under the TJ's label. The duplication is so blatant that I'm kind of surprised they didn't go for one of their wink-wink product names, like Scandinavian Swimmers, or Quasar Bar.

I've always been basically meh on Kit Kats, and that feeling carries over here. Dull, cheap-tasting milk chocolate thinly layered on crisp but mostly flavorless sugar wafers. I just don't get the appeal. It's been so many decades since I last tried an actual Kit Kat that I don't dare make direct comparisons, but it doesn't feel any more important to figure out which is "better" than to declare a winner between the Ford Pinto and the Chevy Vega. Neither one is worth having.


Will I buy it again? 

No.

1 comment:

  1. Personally I really like the Wafer Cookie, even more than the original KitKat, which I find to be too sweet. I heard that they're coming back! Thank you TJoe's!

    ReplyDelete