Monday, June 4, 2018

Trader Joe's Gone Berry Crazy!


Think of Trader Joe's Gone Bananas. Now substitute strawberries for the banana slices, and you've got this.

Even though I generally like strawberries more than bananas, I prefer the original to this. Maybe it's the relative novelty of the banana/chocolate combination, compared to the commonplace strawberry/chocolate match-up. Or maybe it's how the banana slices seem pleasantly cold but not really frozen, whereas these strawberries have a definite sense of ice crystals throughout.

Anyway, they're really good, and I could eat a ton of them. But they're short of the Top Ten amazingness of their banana brethren. Note also that they're more expensive--$2.29 for 150g versus $1.99 (I think) for 227g.


Will I buy it again? 

Yes.


2 comments:

  1. I LOVED these!!! Then again, i am anti-banana, so i am immune to the appeal of the banana version. Generally i’m not a fan of frozen fruit because the texture is destroyed but with the thinner slice and enough chocolate it’s like a chocolatey fruit sorbet bite.
    Considering my box disappeared within 24hrs of purchasing i will certainly buy again as a tasty treat that satisfies my sweet tooth.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these!! Even better if they sit at room temp a few minutes before eating so the inner berry softens a little, tastes like a chocolatey bite of sorbet. I’m anti-banana so these make me very happy :)) These will certainly be a regular purchase all summer.
    (Why do the strawberries come from thailand...? There’s plenty of them grown in the US so that seems odd)
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete