Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Trader Joe's Patio Potato Chips


As you can see from the picture of the bag, we have here a mix of four different flavors of potato chips. At first I thought that all except the ketchup one had been offered for sale separately. But as I look into it more, I think not.

(1) I think the dill flavor here is not the same as the spicy dill kettle-cooked product. (2) I think the sea salt & vinegar flavor is probably not the same as the salt & vinegar chips sold separately, because nothing I tasted here was nearly as strong on the vinegar as those were. (3) Trader Joe's has never offered a standard barbecue potato chip, at least not during the 4+ years that I've been paying attention. The closest they've come is this popped potato chip variety, which is definitely not what's in this bag.

All four are OK. I liked the ketchup one the best, and would buy a bag of that flavor separately if it were offered for sale. For me, the clunker was the BBQ, which I found to be way too sweet. The dill and vinegar flavors didn't strike me as anything special.


Will I buy it again? 

No.

I should note that Nina's reaction was hugely different. She told me that she bought a bag and ate the whole thing in one sitting. So she won't be buying them again either, but for a completely different reason than mine.

1 comment:

  1. These sound interesting. I am definitely going to have to give them a try! 😋

    ReplyDelete