Monday, July 8, 2019

Trader Joe's Wild Blueberry Pie


I don't know for sure that this is a new item, but I had never noticed it before. It was being sampled at my local store last week. I didn't take a sample--I just took a whole pie, cuz that's how I roll.

Looking back through my archives, here are the fresh-baked (i.e., not frozen) pies I have tried from Trader Joe's:

Apple
Cherry
Strawberry Rhubarb
Peach Crumble
French Apple Tart
Raspberry Tart
Fig, Pear, and Cranberry Tart

I think this blueberry is the best of the bunch. The berries were flavorful and the crust was a little sweet (which isn't usually the case with store-bought pies). Visually, I love the stars pattern in the crust. Nina had one piece, and I eagerly ate the rest.

Speaking of Nina's piece, she was not nearly as enamored as I was. She said the blueberries weren't as tasty as the "wild" implies, and the crust was just so-so.


Will I buy it again? 

Yes. Though without Nina's help to eat it, it can't be often. The number of whole pies that I can afford to add to my belly fat is strictly limited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment