Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Trader Joe's Mashed Potatoes


This product has apparently been around for years, but I somehow never noticed it until just before Thanksgiving.

Preparation is simple. You count out nuggets from the bag according to how much you want, heat them in a saucepan with a little added liquid. I used some leftover TJ's vegetable broth, which worked well and added a nice bit of complementary flavor. It's easier than the already-easy mixing up of mashed potatoes from dry flakes in a box. Not to mention, y'know, mashing actual potatoes (which--confession--I've never done in my life).

Flavor and texture were both good. I tried them with vegan gravy once, and with just plain butter once, and liked them both ways.

The bag says that it contains seven servings. I think it's closer to four. The recommended 20 nuggets for two people was not enough. I would use about 50% more than the directions suggest.


Will I buy it again? 

Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment