Friday, January 17, 2020

Trader Joe's Black Bean Dip With Jalapeno, Serrano & Habanero Peppers


This is not the late, lamented Fat Free Spicy Black Bean Dip. It's not even vaguely similar. The beans here are whole, not pureed. And though peppers are right there in the product name, there's a good reason TJ's did not call this "Spicy Black Bean Dip"--because it's not spicy. The peppers are added in sparingly, maybe even stingily.

I liked it, but didn't love it. I would be content eating it if it were set before me, but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy it. I prefer the Chipotle Black Bean Dip, which is a staple at my house.

Nina initially said she wasn't impressed, but then gobbled up most of it while I was making dinner. She admitted that she found it strangely consumable, without being able to articulate exactly why.

I don't like the high ratio of plastic to product in how they've packaged this.


Will I buy it again? 

No.

2 comments:

  1. How is that combination of peppers NOT spicy? Thanks for the heads-up; I'm gonna pass on this too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don’t think any peppers made it in MY container. Tastes like a can of Goya black beans w/a strange smell. Thumbs down for this one

    ReplyDelete