Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Trader Joe's Kale Gnocchi


As I sat down to write this, I discovered that I had failed to take a picture of the package when I brought it home. I could fish the empty bag out of the garbage, but I decided it was better to steal the above photo from Trader Joe's web page introducing the product, here.

The good news: Simple sauteeing, as the package recommends, makes these things turn out fine, which was not the case with the cauliflower gnocchi (see the addendum at the end of that review).

The bad news: They taste like gnocchi rolled with lawn clippings. However, that becomes ignorable with a little dressing up. I served them with sliced, browned Sausage-less Sausage and Autumnal Harvest Creamy Pasta Sauce. That combination made the grassiness fade far into the background.


Will I buy it again? 

No. I'll finish the leftovers for my lunch today, but I think that will be plenty of that.

1 comment:

  1. I tried these the other night and absolutely loved them. I like them better than the cauliflower gnocchi. I do love kale though.

    ReplyDelete