Thursday, February 23, 2017

Trader Joe's Golden Berry Blend


This makes for pretty good snacking material--as long as I don't think about the list of ingredients. Because if I do, I'm reminded that of the four fruits represented here, all except the raisins have been sweetened with added sugar. This is a fact that is not disclosed or even hinted at on the front of the package.

I love golden raisins, but I think I'd rather have them alone than mixed in with a bunch of sugared-up other dried fruits.


Will I buy it again? 

No.

2 comments:

  1. too bad, because I like all the fruits it lists in that product

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you don't want dried UNsweetened cranberries in there. I don't know why the cherries or blueberries would need added sugar aside from "for flavor" -aka so people who don't eat actual fresh fruit can snack on a bag of dried sugar fruit and feel healthy.
    I'm still in love with the dried jumbo raisin medley for when i need chewy fruit
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete