Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Trader Joe's Cheese Party Tray



Nina's 60th birthday was a few days ago, so I had a little party for her at my house to celebrate. When planning refreshments for the guests, I remembered that I had recently seen this announcement from Trader Joe's about a new tray of cheese slices intended specifically for parties. It seemed like it would be a fine choice.

And it was! None of the four cheeses is spectacularly great, but they're all perfectly adequate, and exactly what you'd expect from the varieties selected. That is, they're all right up the middle, with no surprises. The Swiss was a little on the flavorless side, but other than that, each of the four varieties is distinct and easy to like.

The slices are uniform, and separate reasonably easily. They seem to be sized so that two of them side by side will cover a slice of bread for sandwich purposes. That makes them much too big for loading onto crackers, but they're easy to fold/break into halves or thirds for that.


Will I buy it again? 

I would never buy this for my own use, because I much prefer buying blocks of more distinct cheeses and slicing my own. But for the particular purpose of assembling a small selection of pre-sliced cheeses for party guests, this product is very close to ideal--so yes, I would buy it again for another such gathering.

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to nina! This does sound like a good party food, nobody wants to serve something too strong or specific it seems
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete