Friday, August 24, 2018

Trader Joe's Cracker Assortment


This was the second part of the cheese and cracker variety combo that I bought to serve to Nina's birthday party guests.

I wish I could say that it makes a perfect complement to the other half, the Cheese Party Tray. After all, four kinds of cheese and four kinds of crackers make 16 possible combinations, which is nice.

But I didn't like the crackers. The plain water crackers are pretty bad; they taste like cardboard. The wheat "entertainer" cracker is perfectly decent, though unexciting. There's a pepper/poppy seed cracker that's pretty good, but a lot of them were broken. Finally, there's a vegetable cracker. It's the largest of the four and the only one that's rectangular rather than round. It's admittedly got a lot of interesting flavor. For most people, it might be the best of the batch. But for me, I immediately detected onion in it, which is a dealbreaker. So I deemed two of the four acceptable, two unacceptable.

The plastic wrapper sleeves that the four varieties come in are impossible to open without ripping in random directions, and impossible to re-close. Annoying.


Will I buy it again? 

No.

No comments:

Post a Comment