Monday, August 13, 2018

Trader Joe's Macaron Aux Framboises--Raspberry Macaron Cake



Nina spotted and purchased this recently, and served it for our dessert last night when I was at her house for dinner. I had never noticed it before.

It is quite excellent.

No preparation is required, except to thaw it for 45 minutes. With that much time, ours was still very cold, and the cream filling still had the texture of ice cream. Nina and I both liked that, but it seems not to be what the manufacture intends. Maybe next time we'll experiment with leaving it longer before eating.

I'm not a big fan of almonds or almond flavor, but despite the "almond 'biscuit'" language on the box, I didn't find it objectionable at all.

The raspberries were perfect--plump and flavorful and sweet. The cream filling was appropriately decadent.

The package says it serves three. That's true, as long as you're willing to leave those three people wanting more.

As Nina pointed out, you could serve this to guests, claim that you made it yourself, and nobody would be the wiser. I probably can't pull that off with her now, but you could fool your friends into thinking you've become a fine pastry chef.


Will I buy it again? 

Yes. It's thoroughly delicious.

2 comments:

  1. It’s apparently an old product that was gone for years and they recently brought back. Sounds delightful!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like they foolishly discontinued it again! Along with the opera cake from the same manufacturer. I am bitter about this.

    ReplyDelete