Friday, August 10, 2018

Trader Joe's Organic Kosher Hot & Spicy Dill Pickle Chips


I didn't think I'd like these, so they sat in my refrigerator for several months before I finally worked up the will to try them.

I could not have been more wrong in my prediction. Not only did I like them, but I liked them so much that they immediately became my first choice in this product category. They are not so hot as to dominate the flavors from a burger; rather, they add a perfect amount of accent flavor and heat. Just as important, they're wonderfully crunchy and thick, unlike many pickle chips that are thin and limp and just kind of sad.


Will I buy them again? 

Yes. What's more, they will be a staple that I'll always keep on hand. I suspect I'll still occasionally buy plain ones, and go back and forth between them. But the best burgers I've ever made since giving up ground beef have been the three I made over the last week with these pickles and the new TJ's Brioche Buns. It's a combination that has changed veggie burgers from occasional use and "also ran" status to among my favorite things to cook for myself. My enthusiasm even extends to adding them to my Top Ten list. (That list now has 76 items in it. It's a paradox. Deal with it.)

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I haven’t tried these because the spicy part scares me, but i’ll be sure to pick up a jar to bring to our next bbq to share.
    What’s your favorite veggie burger lately?
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually get MorningStar Grillers, because they're Nina's favorite. But I'm equally happy with Boca Burger and Gardein.

      Delete
  2. We love these! Great alternative to our usual Vlasic garlic dills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, your Top Ten list is mathematically pristine. You have a Top 9 with 67 items tied for 10th.

    ReplyDelete