Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Montezuma's Chocolate Truffle Collection




These are excellent-quality chocolates that Trader Joe's has carried during the Christmas season for the last couple of years.

The box contains 16 chocolates, in seven varieties--three each of two of the flavors, and two each of the rest, which is kind of a peculiar packaging strategy.

Most of them were rather difficult to identify, even with the key on the box, because, with a couple of exceptions, the pictures don't match the chocolates at all. One is reduced to a process of elimination, eventually settling on the photo that is the least unlike the chocolate one is trying to identify.

Two of them I didn't try, because I could be pretty sure in advance that I wouldn't like them: coffee and hazelnut. Nina ate those. I tried and liked all of the other five varieties. We both thought they were uniformly superior truffles.


Will I buy it again? 

I might buy it as a gift, but it's just too expensive per piece (and with too much packaging!) to buy it for myself.

1 comment:

  1. I recall seeing these unusual boxes, too much milk chocolate in the assortment for my tummy. Good to know it’s worthwhile as a gift thing next time it’s around.
    I’m really excited to try the new sunflower seed butter cups! My TJs was out of stock when i went, hopefully they will be back this weekend.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete