Monday, January 7, 2019

Trader Joe's Triple Ginger Cake



Nina bought this; I had not noticed it in the store.

(Side note: The new-items shelf at Trader Joe's is great--but it's incomplete, because they obviously can't put refrigerated and frozen things there, which is about half of the store. I have several times suggested to employees at the Asheville TJ's that they post photographs of the new refrigerated and frozen products on the new-items shelf. Every time, the employee tells me what a great idea that is, and they'll take it to the manager right away. And yet it never happens. Sigh.)

I liked it. Its flavor is reminiscent of Triple Ginger Snaps. (Notice how they plant that connection in your brain with a few of the cookies snuck into the picture on the front of the box.) Nice, moist texture, with little bits of crystallized ginger as contrast.

Nina was even more enthusiastic than I was. It's rare for her to get excited about a frozen baked good.


Will I buy it again? 

Not often, but once in a while as a special treat.

2 comments:

  1. I have often thought that the store should put the empty box or bag from a new frozen or refrigerated food on their New Products shelf. The employees do taste the products, so they should have the packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really good idea! I only regularly go to the frozen fruits stuff, but this looks like a good one for last minute bring to work situations.... (prob too much dairy for me to handle more than a few bites)
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete