Friday, January 25, 2019

Trader Joe's Peel Away Fruit Leather Buttons


OK, "fruit leather buttons" is definitely a thing I had never heard of or imagined before spotting this trio on the new-products shelf at the Asheville TJ's.

Here's what you get:





I'm not sure why they chose to package these in a manner awkwardly reminiscent of strips of cheap condoms, but nobody asked me.

Once you get past that, you have thin, chewy disks of fruit leather. Other than the unusual shape, the substance is like any other fruit leather.

I liked both the plain mango and the mango-strawberry. But the mango-grape was off; there was surprisingly little grape flavor, and what there was seemed to clash with the mango.


Will I buy it again? 

No. On the rare occasions that I feel like getting something in this general category, it would be one of TJ's several flavors of dried fruit bars. I have a few in my cupboard right now.

1 comment:

  1. I don’t really understand these...? Maybe they’re for kids who are perpetually snacky but not actually hungry? And yeah that packaging is serious awkward.
    I’d rather get those apple and strawberry or apple mango fruit bars as a snack, although i only seem to eat them when traveling or as an emergency desk snack
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete