Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Trader Joe's Organic Buffalo Style Hummus


This was OK, but I thought it was (1) too hot, (2) hot without being especially flavorful, and (3) a little too mushy/soupy for my taste. Nina disagreed; she liked this a lot. I should also note that if you read the list of ingredients, you'll find that it contains no actual buffaloes.

IMHO, the platonic ideal of hot hummus is the hot chipotle variety from Asheville-based Roots. It is superior to this TJ's one in every way.


Will I buy it again? 

No.

1 comment:

  1. I haven’t seen any positive reviews of this! The texture seems to be an issue, as well as the fact it’s either too spicy or not spicy enough for people. I’m a fan of the horseradish hummus which isn’t organic but it is a dollar less for a larger size and has a nice horseradish kick that isn’t overwhelming
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete