Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Trader Joe's Wisconsin Mild Cheddar Cheese


Well, it has taken me 57 years on this planet, but I've finally done it: I have found the world's most boring cheese.

It's not bad in the sense of being inedible or anything. But it's so dull and lifeless (with an oddly rubbery texture) that I can't imagine why anybody would choose this over the dozens of better cheeses you'd find on the TJ's shelves. This is like the surplus cheese that our stupid federal government buys in order to keep dairy prices up, and then gives away for free. Marie Kondo would say that it doesn't spark joy.

What makes me most sad is knowing that this is pretty typical of the cheese that I used to pick--for many years--before I wised up to the fact that there's a whole universe of far better ones. It's what I was raised on, and for way too long I let familiarity and fear of the unknown keep me from exploring anything else. I'm glad those days are behind me.


Will I buy it again? 

No.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! You found school cafeteria cheese! Glad you have made such progress in your own cheesey education. I suspect the TJs customers who buy this either do so because that’s pretty cheap for cheese, or they have picky kids who don’t like food that tastes like anything....
    maybe it’s better melted on a grilled cheese or..?
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete