Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Trader Joe's Strawberry Rhubarb Pie


When I was maybe 12, I tried strawberry-rhubarb pie for the first time, and decided that I didn't like rhubarb. I stuck to that conviction and never ate it again for the next 40+ years. But then my next-door neighbor shared with me some strawberry-rhubarb stuff (crisp? strudel? cobbler?) she had made, so I decided to try it--and it was fine. So on my next run to Trader Joe's, I bought this pie.

If you were eating it blindfolded, you probably wouldn't know there was any rhubarb in it. I found none of the promised tartness. The filling really just tasted like overly sweetened strawberry. The crust was better than average for a store-bought pie, though a little soggy on the bottom.


Will I buy it again? 

No. I ate it all (except for the one piece that Nina had), but nothing about it excited me.

No comments:

Post a Comment