Monday, November 18, 2019

Sweet Rose Coconut Whipped Topping


In design, function, appearance, and texture, this is just like the famous Reddi Wip, or the less famous but all-around superior Cabot whipped cream that Trader Joe's sells.

In flavor, though, there's no chance of confusing this for dairy. It is strongly and distinctly coconut. For me, that's not a bad thing; I can't think of any way I'd use whipped cream in which I would not welcome some coconut flavor. On top of a fruit pie? Sure. On top of chocolate ice cream? Yes, please. On top of angel food cake with diced strawberries? Lay it on thick.

I predict that within several months, the product as you see it here will suddenly disappear from TJ's shelves, to be replaced soon thereafter with an identical one, except now carrying the Trader Joe's name and a more whimsical label design.


Will I buy it again? 

My use of such products is minimal--something like one can a year--but yes, this would be my first choice now.

1 comment: