Friday, November 15, 2019

Trader Joe's Grain Free Cat Treats With Turkey



Trader Joe's has long carried Bench & Field brand cat treats. (Lucy hated them.) But that one item has been the whole cat-treat lineup, while dog treats have proliferated. Finally, we have a second kind of cat treat, and it's TJ's-branded.

Since I haven't tasted them myself, let's bring in an expert consultant.


"What's this? These aren't my regular treats."



"Mmmm, but they're pretty tasty."



"Is that all?"



"Bring me more of these treats, unworthy hooman!"


She's had about a dozen in the last 24 hours, and she definitely likes them. It's not clear to me whether she likes them more than her regular brand, less, or about the same; I can't tell any difference in her reaction.


Will I buy it again? 

Once in a while, I suppose. But I usually buy her treats in big tubs, not small bags like this. She didn't seem to love them enough to cause me to decide to make them her staple treats.


Addendum, 2/11/20 

After living with these for a while, it's now perfectly clear that Lucy actually doesn't like them as much as her regular Temptations brand of treats. With the latter, she always--100% of the time--gobbles them up instantly. With the Trader Joe's, she usually sniffs them and walks away. She'll come back later and eat them when she gets hungrier, but she makes it clear that she is disappointed that she has not been given the good stuff.

Why do I still have any treats left? I had bought two bags initially, and gave one to Nina for her cat Loki. After trying them a few times, Loki, too, let her know that he wanted his Temptations instead. So she gave the bag back to me.

Two-cat verdict: Barely acceptable, definitely not preferred.

No comments:

Post a Comment