Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Trader Joe's Leafy Greens With Butternut Squash Salad Kit


I was going to say that I found this product to be a mixed bag--but then I realized what a terrible unintentional pun that would be, and I couldn't do it. My policy on terrible puns is that they must be intentional.

Oddly, I liked all the accoutrements here, but not so much the main salad itself. The latter was too much lawn-clipping for me. The add-ins, though, were nice. I was surprised that I liked the slices of butternut squash, which I had anticipated would taste out of place.

The dressing--"white balsamic vinaigrette"--immediately struck me as much too sweet, but by my second serving of salad, I had grown rather fond of it. Trader Joe's bagged salad kits have had a not-great record with their included dressings, but this one is a winner. I wish they'd sell it separately.


Will I buy it again? 

No. I'll stick to my usual mix and dressings.

No comments:

Post a Comment