Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Trader Joe's Refried Black Beans With Jalapeno Peppers



Day 3 of Mexican Week. 


No surprises here. Or maybe it's more accurate to say that there is one surprise: the jalapeno peppers add nearly nothing. They are either so few or so mild (or both) that it's almost as if there were none at all. After you taste black beans, you get a faint aftertaste of pepperiness--and that's it.

Will I buy it again? 

I've had two cans now, because when I sat down to write the review of the first one, I thought maybe I was missing something, and I set it aside until I could try them again. After a second one, I'm now comfortable saying that I was not wrong. So, no.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I've had a single Mexican thing at TJ's that I really enjoyed. Seems you're in the same boat, so far. I'm looking forward to see if TJ's can break its Mexican losing streak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spoiler alert: Tomorrow breaks the streak, at least temporarily.

    ReplyDelete