Sunday, September 20, 2015

Trader Joe's Salmon & Vegetable Croquettes



I learned of this brand-new product from the review on the "Trader Joe's 365" blog before the company itself had posted any information about it. (They have done so now; see here.)

(A digression: If you like Trader Joe's stuff and you're not reading STG's "365" blog, you're missing out. I love her breezy, funny, shoot-from-the-hip reviewing style. I want to help make her blog so popular that she feels compelled to continue doing it even after her planned year of writing is done.)

As you can tell from the package, these are little cakes made of salmon and vegetables. More specifically, it's salmon, breadcrumbs, egg, kale, mayonnaise, broccoli, soy sauce, scallions, lime juice, cilantro, chili sauce, chia seed, ginger, sugar, garlic puree, fish sauce, and sesame oil.

I fried them in oil and served them unadorned. They were OK, but I'm not in love with them. They held together pretty well through several flippings, just losing a bit of vegetable here and there. They make an easy source of combined protein and veggies.

Will I buy it again? 

Maybe once in a great while when Nina is coming for dinner.


Nina's View

I thought these were pretty good; I will probably add them to my shopping cart next time. They'd be better with fewer breadcrumbs, but you can't have everything. I can always hope that Bob's opinion of them will improve over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment