Thursday, September 24, 2015

Trader Joe's Tuscan Pane



Instead of just more-or-less randomly picking some new kind of bread from the myriad choices at TJ's, as I often do, I searched specifically for this one after having seen somebody on Twitter rave about how it was her favorite.

It is not mine.

It tastes fine, though nothing to write home about--just ordinary white/Italian bread. The problem lies in the loaf shape. As I think you can see, it's heavily tapered at both ends, wide in the middle. This was not a deformed one; they were all like that. Maybe I'm too OCD-ish, but I like more uniformity in the size of bread slices, so that two pieces of toast aren't twice as much bread on some days as on others. Also, the slices are too thick here.

And look what surprise was waiting for me when I got about halfway through the loaf:




I'm willing to assume that this giganto tunnel was a one-off defect, not endemic to the species, but it still annoyed me enough that I don't want to give Tuscan Pane a second chance.

Will I buy it again? 

No.

2 comments:

  1. BWAHAHAHAHA!! Oh man. This was an epic bread FAIL for you. That hole is hilarious.
    I totally agree with you on this one. Not worth buying again. I love that your OCD makes you "need" bread slices all shaped the same. Thanks for my morning smile!
    It is amazing how we both reviewed the same product on nearly the same day and had the same result - NO THANKS, leave that one in the store. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it looks like a mouse ate its way through the loaf. FAIL!

    ReplyDelete