Monday, March 7, 2016

Trader Joe's Seville Orange Marmalade



Every time I had some of this stuff, it seemed bitter. I couldn't figure out how you could take oranges, add sugar and thickeners, and end up with something bitter. Finally, as I sat down to write this review, I read the back of the jar: "Seville oranges, also known as bitter oranges, are the back-bone [sic] of a proper orange marmalade." So apparently it's intentional. I had never heard of Seville oranges before, so I didn't understand that the name meant I was signing up for bitterness.

Do not like.


Will I buy it again? 

No. In fact, after having eaten about 1/3 of the jar, the rest is going back for a refund.

For those keeping track, I've now returned something like 20 items. I've purchased something like 700 different products from Trader Joe's, so my return rate is on the order of 3%.

5 comments:

  1. And its connection to coconuts is????

    ReplyDelete
  2. If they won't take it back, ship it to me! (I recommended it to you.)

    Glad you liked the Country Bread, though.

    A slice of that Country Bread, with this marmalade, would start my day off just right.

    Curious: Did Nina try this marmalade?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was puzzled how you were commenting on this, since it wasn't supposed to be published yet. I wrote it yesterday, and meant to put it in the queue for later publishing. I guess I forgot to put a different date on it, and didn't even notice that it was live. Oh well.

    No, Nina did not try this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We needed a coconut recess, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried it, but I'd be willing to!

    ReplyDelete