Saturday, March 12, 2016

Trader Joe's Shredded Sweetened Coconut



Let's conclude our second Coconut Week with some actual coconut! 


Face it: you already know whether you want this or not. If you like coconut, you'll want to have some around. If you don't, you won't. It's about that simple.

I have eaten some of this straight from the package: good, but quickly tiring.

I have tried sprinkling it on fruit medleys (thawed from the freezer): excellent enhancement.

I have used it as a topping on Key lime pie: a perfect pairing.

I have put a little on some applesauce: the combination seemed a little off.

I added some to a bowl of TJ's strawberry coconut-based ice cream: yummy.

I even got a little crazy and threw some into a green salad with a few dried cranberries, on the theory that the sweet and tart would sort of cancel each other out: I cannot recommend this.

I would love to try some of it on pancakes, with a fruity syrup, but haven't yet.

Potential uses are limited only by your imagination.


Will I buy it again? 

I think it's going to become a staple that I keep around all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment