Monday, April 11, 2016

Trader Joe's Black Rice



The official Trader Joe's guide to its rices lists 18 of them, but not this one, for reasons that are beyond my ken. Maybe it's being discontinued or something.

I hope not, because it's quite good. It's dense, hearty, substantial, chewy. When cooked, it's actually more a dark purple than black. I don't think I like it better than more ordinary rice varieties, but it's a nice change of pace. If for no other reason, you might want to buy some to use to liven up the color of an otherwise drab-looking dinner.


Will I buy it again? 

Yes.


Nina's View

I am a fan of this black rice. It is beautiful, it has a lovely toothsome texture, and the flavor is distinctive but not in any way oppressive. I must remember to pick some up on my next TJ's run.

No comments:

Post a Comment