Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Trader Joe's Gourmet White Bread



I'm pretty sure this is a new Trader Joe's product, even though there has been no announcement on their web site. (Only a minority of new products get such treatment. I don't know why.) I had never noticed it on the shelves until a visit a couple of weeks ago, and I'm pretty sure it's one I would have noticed when looking for different types of bread to try. Furthermore, I find no reviews of it online, and Google Images pulls up no pictures of it. So I think it's new.

I don't find there to be anything "gourmet" about it. It feels too light and insubstantial. I didn't like it nearly as much as the Organic Country White Bread or the whitish Multigrain Country Bread.


Will I buy it again? 

No.

1 comment:

  1. I really liked this bread for making soft afternoon tea sanwiches and rolling out thin for gourmet toast circles. Spread with decent butter, like President, it's very English, tastes good and perfect for what I wanted it for.

    ReplyDelete