Friday, April 15, 2016

Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Baton--Raspberry



Chocolate and raspberry make a fabulous combination--at least in theory. In practice, it doesn't always work out so well.

Here the chocolate is lovely. It's the raspberry component that's the problem. First, there's not enough of it. Second, it comes in the form of actual raspberry seeds embedded in the chocolate, which are not necessarily pleasant.

I realize that that complaint carries shades of Woody Allen in "Annie Hall":
There's an old joke - um... two elderly women are at a Catskill mountain resort, and one of 'em says, "Boy, the food at this place is really terrible." The other one says, "Yeah, I know; and such small portions."
My point, though, is that you can get great raspberry flavor--as much as you care to inject--without using raspberry seeds. If I want raspberry seeds stuck in my teeth, I'll eat some raspberries, not some chocolate.


Will I buy it again? 

No.


Nina's View

Seeds. In the teeth. GAH! No no no no no. Why would you emphasize the absolutely most annoying thing about raspberries if you didn't have to? I'll concede the dark chocolate is nice. But not at the price of having to deal with seeds wedged in the teeth.

What a terrible, terrible choice.

2 comments:

  1. That totally sounds horrible! And how bizarre that it has seeds in there. The plain dark chocolate baton was really good!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete