Monday, May 15, 2017

Trader Joe's Campfire S'Mores Bar



Gimmicky? Sure. But it also turns out to be pretty good. I think the thing that really makes it work is the crunch from the graham "nuggets" that are embedded in the chocolate. There's also a little salt, which isn't exactly in the campfire tradition, but adds a nice touch of flavor contrast.


Will I buy it again? 

Probably not. Interesting and enjoyable to try once as a novelty, but there are so many chocolate things that I try, mainly for purposes of writing about them, that one has to really stand out as extra-special to make it a repeat purchase for me.

4 comments:

  1. I don't want to buy this to eat it as is but i am thinking if you roasted a marshmallow and then used a chunk of this as the chocolate in a smores that it would be The Ultimate Smores.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, not worth a repeat eat. Sigh. It lacks a certain CAMPFIRE feel, eh?
    My full review and photos are here: http://traderjoes365.blogspot.com/2017/06/i-am-guessing-that-this-is-seasonal.html
    - Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them and so does my family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When will the smores bar come back?

    ReplyDelete