Friday, May 5, 2017

Trader Joe's Canneles De Bordeaux


I've procrastinated writing about this product for more than a month after having eaten it, because I couldn't figure out what to say about it. I liked the taste, but the texture was off--more chewy than crispy on the outside.

But I'm not sure I can blame the product, because it may have been a victim of what was then my failing freezer. I suspect it went through several freeze-thaw cycles, and spent at least a week at just-barely-below-freezing-point temperatures. So maybe it would have been better without all of that happening.

To be fair, I should buy it again now that I have a new freezer, and see if the texture problem is resolved. But I didn't really like it enough to bother buying it again. But maybe I would like it more if it weren't damaged by a wonky freezer. You see my dilemma in knowing what to say about it?


Will I buy it again? 

No, I'm afraid you'll just have to try it for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment