Thursday, November 2, 2017

Trader Joe's Organic Daily Bread With Sprouted Wheat Berries, Sprouted Barley & Sprouted Millet



This new product appeared on the TJ's shelves alongside a similar one that I reviewed recently.

I like this one a lot better. It's flavorful and nicely textured. Slices are what I consider a normal size, which is frequently not the case with TJ's breads. There are no seeds on the crust to make a mess when they fall off.

I deem it to be damn near perfect.


Will I buy it again? 

Yes. In fact, I believe this will now be my default choice of TJ's bread. My previous favorite, the oddly named but tasty "Sprouted Flourless Whole Wheat Berry Bread," has fallen in my eyes, because it got reformulated to a significantly smaller size sometime after I first tried it. I know that TJ's breads are made regionally, not nationally, so perhaps it was a change to a different supplier, and maybe it only affects my part of the country. But whatever caused it, it was definitely a change for the worse. (I realize that my personal ideal of the size of a slice of bread is completely arbitrary and that there's nothing universal about it. But it's what I grew up with, and it's so deeply ingrained that any deviation from it forever will seem off to me.)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, such high praise! I had seen this and passed it up but now that it's soup and a toasted sandwich season I'll certainly give it a try.
    And bread slice size is important! Slice sizes keep shrinking across all brands so they can claim improved nutritional stats but it's making me crazy....
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It never occurred to me that that might be a reason--but it makes sense.

      Delete