Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Trader Joe's Pineapple Rings


I've looked for a product like this several times before and never found it until last week, so I believe that it's new.

It is absolutely not worth buying. This small container cost $3.49. It had only seven thin pineapple rings in it. And they weren't especially good--just mediocre. Ingles, the locally dominant grocery chain, sells a whole pineapple, with the outer hull and core sliced out, for about the same price, but there's at least twice as much in the container. True, you still have to slice it, but that's not much trouble. And they're always excellent--sweet and fresh-tasting.


Will I buy it again? 

No. I have long wanted TJ's to carry a product like this, but now that they do, I'm bitterly disappointed in it.

1 comment:

  1. My trader joe's has always sold the pineapple spears, but i live on the edge of an ethnic neighborhood where the closest kinda crummy grocery store always has fresh great pineapple cheap and i'm rather handy with a serrated knife
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete