Thursday, May 24, 2018

Trader Joe's Carrot Ginger Miso Salad Dressing


I passed this by several times, primarily because of the word "shallots" in the description. Like "scallions," "shallots" is a word that the dirty stinkin' Commies use to try to trick decent American folks into eating disgusting onions without knowing it. I WILL NOT BE FOOLED!

But eventually I decided I could give it a try, hoping that the other ingredients would drown out the poison.

And they do. The carrot, by dint of its sheer volume, and the ginger and miso, by dint of their potency, make the onion fade far into the background. The result is unusual, unlike any salad dressing I've had before. The effect of the combination of carrot, ginger, and miso is not what I would have predicted from memory of the three individual flavors. I'm not sure I especially like it, but I don't mind it, and it's kind of an intriguing bit of culinary voodoo.

What I definitely don't like is the texture. It's extremely thick and gloppy, hard to pour. It doesn't disperse nicely when you toss a salad with it; it just clumps defiantly.


Will I buy it again? 

No. But I'm going to finish off the bottle--in spite of the forbidden ingredient.

1 comment:

  1. Life with alliums!
    I really wanted this to be like that carrot miso dressing on salads at japanese restaurants, but it’s really not the same at all... tasty enough but i much preferred the green goddess dressing which is thinner but has a nice mix of herbs
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete