Friday, May 25, 2018

Trader Joe's Spicy Cheese Crunchies


These are just like the Baked Cheese Crunchies, but hotter. They are not kidding about the "spicy." Chew up a couple and swallow, and a few seconds later you'll be hit with the peppery aftertaste. (I tried to figure out what kind of pepper they use, but the list of ingredients doesn't specify anything beyond "natural flavors.")

Personally, I think they took it a little bit too far, and the munchability factor would be improved by dialing back the heat by about 25%. But Nina loved them--to the point that she had to command me to take them away, lest she eat the whole bag.


Will I buy them again? 

Yes. I think they can be an occasional part of the snackage lineup around here.


Addendum, 5/28/18

I got to like them more and more, after getting used to the heat factor. Will definitely be getting them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment