Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Trader Joe's Riced Cauliflower Stir Fry


I avoided buying this for myself because of "spring onions" in the description. I hate onions. But I guess I hate them a little less than I used to. Nina bought this and served it as part of dinner one night at her place. I could taste some onion in every bite, and didn't like it--but unlike in earlier stages of my life, that didn't inhibit me from finishing off a serving.

When I try to imagine the product without the onion part, I rather like it. Nina liked it even without doing the mental subtraction.


Will I buy it again? 

Nope. Three reasons: (1) Onions. (2) I eat plenty of cauliflower already, and don't need it snuck into my diet as riced cauliflower. (3) I would strongly prefer rice in a product like this.

1 comment:

  1. Well that’s serious progress if you ate it onions and all!
    This was cheap enough i figured why not try it but once was enough. By the time i had cooked off the liquid from the frozen-ness the cauliflower crumblies had turned to moosh, but maybe they always were mooshy since this was frozen.
    I’m with you, i like and eat plenty of actual cauliflower, and when i want rice i want actual rice not cauli rice which leaves me hungry again in an hour.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete