Monday, June 15, 2015

Trader Joe's Strawberry Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert Made With Coconut Milk



Special note: This is Day 2 of Coconut Week. 



Nina bought this and served it for dessert with a dinner she made for us. She also took that picture.

This is good, good stuff. You won't know that it's not made from what Nina has lately been calling "pain juice" (i.e., milk). There's a little hint of coconut flavor, but it is neither unpleasant by itself nor out of harmony with the dominant strawberry.

It's not the greatest strawberry ice cream I've ever had, but it's quite tasty. It's good enough that if all the real strawberry ice cream vanished from Planet Earth tomorrow, and we were left with only this in its place, I would feel no significant loss.

I think it's one notch below its chocolate shelf-mate in overall yumminess, but that's the worst comment I can think to make about it.

The good folks at the "What's Good at Trader Joe's" blog liked it even more than I did, assigning it 9.5 on a scale of 10, and giving it their rare "pantheon" status for excellence. See here.

Will I buy it again? 

Happily.


Nina’s View

TOP TEN FO SHO.

I like this better than the chocolate. Now every time I go to TJ’s it will be a struggle NOT to buy this. So good.

No comments:

Post a Comment