Monday, January 2, 2017

Trader Joe's Asian Style Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette



I passed on this many, many times. Then one day I stopped to think about it more. I like salads and salad dressing. I like peanuts. I like several other vinaigrettes. I don't mind spiciness. So why have I kept rejecting this? I guess the answer was that it was just too far outside my mental image of what a proper salad dressing should be.

I liked the flavoring more than I expected to. But it had two fatal flaws. (1) Too sweet. (2) Too thick and gloppy; it doesn't spread nicely throughout the salad with a little stirring/tossing.


Will I buy it again? 

No. There is definitely promise here, and I eventually finished off the whole bottle, but the formula needs tweaking before I would buy another.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, it's *almost* good.... add a little rice wine vinegar or just white wine vinegar to what is left on your bottle and shake it up really well- it helped to balance the sweetness and give it a looser texture so it pours easily
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I drizzle in on brussels sprouts and put it in the air fryer. It’s absolutely delicious.

    ReplyDelete