Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Trader Joe's Golden Spiced Milk Chocolate Bar


This is an interesting new Trader Joe's product--$1.49.

The crisped quinoa functions just like the rice in, e.g., Nestle's Crunch bars. The coconut component is, sadly, just a wisp rather than a major flavor. The spices consist of a blend of curry powder, salt, ginger powder, turmeric, cardamom, nutmeg, and black pepper. It all works together surprisingly well. The heat level is comparable to the milder samples in the Chili Chocolate Collection, which is to say, not hot at all.


Will I buy it again? 

Yes. I think it will make a nice occasional treat.

1 comment:

  1. we live in Mississippi. but, recently found a TJ's had opened in Metairie, La. About 2 to 2.5 hours from us and we love going to New Orleans anyway.

    I started googling to check out their products.

    After our last trip a few weeks ago, I had new things to try. I've been doing my own review and it's fun.

    ReplyDelete